Monday, July 20, 2009

Feeling Appreciated

This week is Member Appreciation Week, with lots of different activities in all three offices.

The famous cookout is happening on Tuesday in Silver Bay, Wednesday in Grand Marais and Thursday in Lutsen. It is really a fun time and it is nice to see all the people that I really don’t get to see much anymore. People are always nice and put up with my less than legendary grilling skills.

I was recently asked how long we’ve been doing Member Appreciation Week and I honestly can’t remember. I believe it is about 16-17 years now but I am not completely sure. I do remember the first year using two charcoal grills thinking it would be no big deal to cook enough brats for the 40 or 50 people that would show up. Well, when several hundred showed up and the charcoal died in both grills at the same time I remember asking myself “What were you thinking?”

We now have the mongo, propane event grill that could feed an army so things have changed a little in that regard. One thing that hasn’t changed is the spirit of appreciation surrounding the week. In fact, with turbulent times for financial institutions, I personally would like to thank our members for their consistent support and patronage. It’s a “what goes around, comes around” deal; because of your support, your Credit Union continues to perform at a very high level and has maintained the highest levels of safety and soundness.

Anyway, grab some food, win a prize, and enjoy the week!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment